Chris manages his business and personal commitments with a set of proven tools. Peruse the list below and test some of these tools for yourself.
Chris is an Apple user. Hardware solutions include the iMac and MacBook Air, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6s, and Apple Watch Series 2. Software solutions listed are those that run on Apple platforms (which Chris highly recommends).
Chris is constantly testing new tools to increase his effectiveness. Those that make the cut in the real world will appear here soon after.
- WordPress is a software solution used to create beautiful websites or blogs. It’s free. It’s flexible. It’s extendable with plugins, themes, and more. Chris has four active websites, all of which use WordPress.
- Sucuri is my web firewall provider, site backup provider, and malware protector. I’ve experienced malware attacks on two of my websites over the past six months. Now all four of my sites enjoy the 24/7 watchful protection and daily backups, care of Sucuri.
- Bluedomino is Chris’ web host provider. They offer 24/7 support, simple WordPress integration, unlimited disk space & bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Plans start at only $5.50 per month.
- MailChimp is Chris’ web-based email subscriber system. It is a terrific tool for creating effective email campaigns and analyzing their effectiveness. Chris’ email subscriber list is entirely built with MailChimp.
- Pretty Link Pro is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows bloggers to shrink, cloak, track, organize, and share all of their links on their own domain. Chris secured his drtc.me “short” domain at bluedomino and uses it for his custom short URL’s. Try Pretty Link Lite risk free.
- Clicky is a terrific website traffic analyzer. It offers rich LIVE data on site visitors, where they came from (searches or links), what resources they found on your site, how long they stayed, and more. The free version is awesome.
- Soliloquy is a brilliant WordPress slider plugin. Chris has experimented with a number of different image gallery and slide show plugins and NONE of them are as easy, professional, and reliable as Soliloquy.
- OptinMonster is a terrific solution to convert site visitors to subscribers. The footer below is powered by OptinMonster – as is the popup window inviting you to subscribe.
- SocialJukebox is Chris’ web-based social media scheduler. With SocialJukebox I upload posts (text and images) in advance, then schedule the posting of those posts by day, time, frequency, platform (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and more. SocialJukebox is a huge timesaver – and it keeps me posting when I’m in the air, in front of clients, playing outside, or sleeping.
- HootSuite Pro is Chris’ web-based social media dashboard. Chris is able to track tweets/posts, mentions, direct messages, replies, hashtags, and more for Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Apps are available for smartphones and tablets. Reports provide insightful analytics on engagement. 50% Off HootSuite Pro for 90 Days!
- Tweetbot is one of the most powerful Twitter applications on the planet. Chris uses the Mac app as well as Tweetbot for iPad and Tweetbot for iPhone.
- Evernote is Chris’ personal “tactical memory” application. It quickly captures notes, pictures, and audio – whatever you need to remember. Available in Mac, PC, smartphone, tablet, and web formats that all sync seamlessly, Evernote keeps you on track. Tag this “#lifesaver.”
- Evernote Essentials is Brett Kelly’s outstanding ebook guide to getting the most out of Evernote. $29 and completely worth it.
- Nozbe keeps Chris’ tasks up to date across all of his various devices. Nozbe organizes tasks by projects. One can share or assign tasks to team members, have team conversations about tasks, and coordinate efforts beautifully. Available in web, Mac, PC, smartphone, and tablet versions, this brilliant task manager also deserves the “#lifesaver” tag.
- Dropbox is Chris’ live, working documents folder for his Mac computers. Files are synced across all devices seamlessly and readily available to view on any connected devices. Peace of mind!
- FreshBooks is Chris’ cloud-based accounting solution. Built for small business people (not accountants), FreshBooks makes project management, time tracking, invoicing, and getting paid a breeze. The 30-day free trial helps you get a feel for this service at no risk.
Subscribe to Chris’ mobile updates, texted right to your smartphone! Text VALUES to 72000 or head here.
Chris’ new “Culture Leadership Charge” series and the rest of his video clips can be found on YouTube. Subscribe to Chris’ YouTube channel.
Chris’ new “Culture Leadership Charge” series and the rest of his video clips are also available on Vimeo. Subscribe to Chris’ Vimeo channel.
Subscribe to Chris’ posts via RSS.
The music heard on Chris’ podcasts is from one of his songs, “Heartfelt,” copyright © 2005-2017 Chris Edmonds Music (ASCAP). He played all instruments, recorded all tracks, and mastered the final product for your listening pleasure.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, Chris will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, Chris only recommend products or services he uses personally and believes will add value to his readers. Chris is disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”